by Lance Laughlin
Hack #2 is basically done! We have changed the class syllabus to allow us to continue to polish our projects from this semester so once this phase is done, WE ARE DONE! The project came out really well in my opinion and I think people will dig it. My teammate Chris Knepper did a great job creating the initial UI and base functionality. My role was mostly filled by cleaning up the UI, adding some local storage functionality and making the design more responsive. I think our project really shines due to it’s simplistic functionality. It does exactly what it should and it does it well. It doesn’t bombard you with unnecessary UI elements or settings…it just works. Overall, it was a good learning experience for me. I got to mess around with FLASK which I’ve been meaning to do for a while now. It’s actually really simple and does help streamline your workflow a bit…I’m not sure if I’ll totally switch over to using it; however, I can definitely see it’s merit and will continue to learn more about it.